Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life gets in the way again

I have been trying to post a review of Chords of Strength but that just hasn't worked out. My silly son had a biking accident 9 days ago and really banged up his foot and ankle (Doctor was surprised that they weren't broken) so I had to tend to him for several days. On top of that, I have been sick for the past week with what I guess was the flu. It sure felt like the flu anyway. I haven't been that sick in a long time. I started coming down with it last Saturday evening. I was so excited that my husband had a photo shoot that evening so that I would be able to use his Mac to listen to the cellcast of David's Rexburg concert. I made it through the concert but I wasn't sure if I was numb from the illness or from hearing David sing Be Still My Soul so clearly during a normally garbled cellcast.

How does he do it? Why does he have the ability to make a grown woman melt at the sound of his voice no matter what he is singing? It doesn't really matter what type of song David is singing, it pierces my soul. I feel it deep inside me and that is just weird. I have never experienced this from any other singer. Well, when I first heard Josh Groban sing, I felt it slightly. He made me want to hear more, at least. But with David it is different. It is totally impossible to get enough of his voice. I can listen to the same songs time after time, day after day, and not get tired of them. If I was not in this fantastic age of computers, where it is possible to go to all of these fan sites and see that there are actually many other people out in the world who have had and are having this very same feeling that I am about a singer whom I have never met, I would think that I have gone completely crazy and need help. Oh David! What you do to us is just not real.

Well, once again I must wait on the review. Off to take the son to a friend's house. Can't wait for him to get that driver's license at the beginning of August.

No comments: