Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer break and too much to do

Well, as you can see, I have not found the time to start my review of David's book. I read it all the way through in three days before Amanda's graduation. Now I am in the middle of my second reading so that I can actually start my review but life keeps getting in the way. You wouldn't think that there would be so much to do with the kids out of school but I think that there is actually more now.

Amanda and I are both looking for jobs, not very successfully I might add. Brandon gave up on his job hunt. No one hires 15 yr olds when there is an overabundance of 18 yr olds and above to choose from. Amanda is totally confused in regards to what to do with her life now that she is a "high school graduate". She wants to go to our community college (which is an excellent school) but changes her mind every other day on what she should study. Nursing, Med Tech, teaching, culinary arts: she is on the verge of tears almost daily. I think we just need to get away from all of it for a while. Unfortunately, family vacation is not in the money plans for now.
Amanda wants for she and I to drive to Florida to meet and visit a boy that she has been chatting with on line for 5 years. She wants to use some of the money she got for graduation to pay for the trip but I'm sure that Hubby will think that we have lot our minds when we tell him about it tonight. Not looking forward to this discussion.

Brandon is restless and tired at the same time. He is use to being on the go all the time. He doesn't have too many people that he can hang with this summer. The boy across the street is off limits due to drugs and mental issues. His friends are all off some where or Lifeguarding. (One of the few jobs in this town for 15 and 16 yr olds) Brandon has to get up every morning Monday through Thursday to go to "Summer Pride", a torturous workout camp at Austin High, to keep them in shape for football season that starts in August before school goes back from summer break. Tuesday nights he has 7 on 7 (football) at Austin High. I am also finishing up on his Driver's Ed that I am parent teaching. He will be able to go take his driving test right after he turns 16 on July 31. He also is attending a Boy Scout camp in North Carolina the last week in July. It's "high adventure" with hiking and kayaking.

Very little down time around here. I think that I will take advantage of the next hour of no one else at home and read a couple of chapters of Chords of Strength. I will get a review out yet.

In the mean time, here is a pic of my new grad. She worked very had for that diploma.



No comments: