Saturday, December 18, 2010

The True Meaning of Christmas

At this time of the year, everyone you talk to is worrying about what they are going to buy for their friends and family for Christmas.  Every store you go into is trying to get you to buy everything under the sun, most of which is junk you don't need or stuff that will be broken before the end of January. I have to admit, I used to be like this also.  When my kids were younger, I used to think that it was necessary for them to receive every toy that they wanted. They would have tons of gifts under the tree.  I would get tons of stuff for my husband also.  More was the word of the season. 

This year is not going to be like that, it can't be.  I have been forced to open my eyes, to see what a waste of time and money this flawed philosophy of buy, buy, buy really is. Money has not been as plentiful this year as it was in some years.  Everything costs a lot more than it used to. The things that people in our family want are much more expensive than the bank account will support right now. So, I have decided that the members of my family will receive items that I have made myself, with my own hands, mind, and time. Some will receive food items, some crafted items, and some, well, a DVD with a slide show. 

To me, this is the most precious gift, as it is the gift of incredible music combined with inspiring art work both of which are honoring the most incredible gift of all, the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas, and remember  "Jesus is the Reason for the Season"
Margy



                                                                         

No comments: