Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30-day Song Challenge- David Style

Day 01- Your favorite David song

My Kind of Perfect-  That's what I hope for my kids, that they can find their kind of perfect. 


Day 02- Your least favorite David song
With You- Sang on Idol. Sorry David but that song just did not fit you at the time. I bet you could pull off an epic version of it now though.


Day 03- A David song that makes you happy
Zero Gravity- The second the opening lines start to play my entire body starts to come alive.


Day 04- A David song that makes you sad
Falling- It reminds me of a family friend who OD'd and killed himself.



Day 05- A David song that reminds you of someone
Falling- It reminds me of a family friend who died from a drug overdose. We tried to reach out and help but it was never enough. He died two months after his dad died of cancer.



Day 06- A David song that reminds you of somewhere
Como La Flor- First time David sang this was in San Antonio on March 12, 2009- I was there, 
IT WAS EPIC. :)



Day 07- A David song that reminds you of a certain event
Somebody Out There- David's trip to India



Day 08- A David song that you know all of the words to
To Be With You and You Can- Actually, I know the words to most of the songs that David sings and all of those he has recorded.



Day 09- A David song that you can dance to
You Can- a nice slow dance.


Day 10- A David song that makes you fall asleep
Contigo en la Distancia- It's not boring, it relaxes me.  I love the sound of his voice singing in Spanish.


Day 11- A David song with a lyric that you love
Somebody Out There- There's somebody out there, somebody somewhere to show you the                       tenderness you need.


Day 12- A David song with a lyric that you hate
Running- Not that I hate the lyrics, I just don't like the whole song.



Day 13- A David song that is a guilty pleasure
Contigo en la Distancia- It makes me melt inside.


Day 14- A David song that no one would expect you to love
Somos el Mundo-  People would not expect to find me singing along to a song in Spanish since I am not a Spanish speaker but I grew up in San Antonio and have always loved how beautiful this language can be when sung. I think this song is incredible with the vast array of gifted performers that came together to give of themselves. Oh, and David es muy perfecto on this too.


Day 15- A David song that describes you
Works For Me   


Day 16- A David song that you used to love but now don't
No Such Thing- I love them all.


Day 17- A David song that you hear often on the radio
No such animal- David is never heard on any stations here in Austin. I do hear some of the songs that he has covered, most notably I'll Be, Edwin McCain and I'm Yours, Jason Mraz. 


Day 18- A David song that you wish you heard on the radio
Any and All- Our stations only played Crush right after it came out and then only rarely.


Day 19- A David song from your favorite album
O Holy Night- My favorite Christmas song ever sung by my favorite singer ever.


Day 20- A David song you listen to when your angry   
Be Still My Soul- Self explanatory. 


Day 21- A David song that you listen to when your driving
The Other Side of Down (actually any) 


Day 22- A David song that you work out to
Zero Gravity- It makes me want to move.


Day 23- A David song you want to play at your wedding
You Can- Actually, I've been married 20 years all ready but I would have liked this song.  This would be a great song for my daughter's wedding though.


Day 24- A David song you want to play at your funeral
Amazing Grace- So far we have only heard this when David sang it with David Osmond and his brothers? at a show it Utah.  Just a small clip, but very powerful. Please sing the complete song a capella for us sometime, David. 


Day 25- A David song that makes you laugh
Elevator- It seems like such a silly song and first glance but when you really look at the words and think, it is very interesting.

Day 26- A David song that you can play on an instrument
The First Noel (kind of, hunt and peck method) on keyboard.


Day 27- A David song that you wish you could play
A Thousand Miles- it would be awesome to take lessons and be able to play like that.   


Day 28- A David song that makes you feel guilty
Somebody Out There- It makes me wish I could do more to help others.

    
Day 29- A David song from your childhood (One that he covered)
Love Me Tender- (I'm old) My grandmother and I both loved Elvis and Love Me Tender was my favorite song of his.


Day 30- Your favorite David song at this time last year
Zero Gravity- It's still my alarm tone on my cell.

No comments: