Tuesday, March 1, 2011

American Idol 10 Top 12 Men

Well, tonight we finally see the top 12 men sing for more than a few seconds. It still won't be a whole song, probably more like 1 1/2 minutes worth of a song but I guess that's better that 10 to 15 seconds. So these guys taped their performances last Friday, for broadcast tonight. News reports say that Casey was in the hospital right up to the time that he rehearsed and then performed, so I hope that he was up to the performance. He is my favorite going in to tonight.

Based on what I have seen of these guys so far, and keeping in mind that all I have seen from the show is what Idol wanted me to see, I am going to name my favorites as of right now.  I am basing my opinion on what I have seen on idol and on some of the youtube videos for these contestants. Please keep in mind that my favorite male singer of all time is David Archuleta but many favorites of the past include John Denver, Elvis, Willie Nelson, Josh Groban, and Barry Manilow, to name a few. I know, I'm weird.

So here are my favorites as of this morning.  We will see if I change my mind after tonight's show.

1) Casey Abrams
2) Robbie Rosen
3) Scotty McCreery
4) Brett Loewenstern
5) Jovany Barreto
6) Stefano Langone

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, tonight's performances were interesting for sure.  I still love Casey. I like Jacob a little more but he needs to not make those weird faces when he sings.  Jordan is totally out of the picture now.  I think Brett might be on shaky ground- I didn't like him nearly as much as the judges did.  Robbie was good but not great.  Stefano was awesome.  Jovany was pretty good- I loved the song choice.  Scotty was definitely a solid country star and my daughter loves him. James didn't scream as much as before and looked so much better without the bandana. I am still not feeling the Paul love that the judges have. Tim picked the total wrong song and is probably going bye bye which is sad because I just saw some of his stuff on youtube this afternoon that I loved. And I still can't stand to look at Clint and want him to go home right away.

Hey, it's my blog and my opinion.







And since this blog is about David Archuleta and sometimes American Idol, here is David's performance of Shop Around from Season 7 Top 12 Guys. Watch and learn Season 10



My, Oh my, he looked so young then!!!!!



No comments: