Friday, March 4, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 24 cut to Top 13

Wow!  What an intense show that was last night.  The fact that we did not know exactly how the night would play out, how the wild cards would be picked, kept us all on the edges of our seats.  Of course, in true Idol fashion, the whole thing was drawn out to be twice as long as it needed to be, but that's what makes great TV: Drama!!!!  The 6 contestants asked to sing for their lives, as a whole, really poured themselves into the songs. I was amazed by Stefano and the intensity and power of his selection. I was saddened by Jovany not doing better with his choice, but I don't think he had a chance after Stefano sang. I loved the song that Robbie sang but I think that it was a little too subdued for the moment. I wish that they would have given Julie another chance but I am glad that Naima was chosen . It's a mixed bag. I knew that all of my favorites would not make it through. It can't be that easy or no one would watch the show. I was pretty happy with how it all went down in the end.  America and I agreed on most of the choices.  In fact, we only disagreed on one of the guys and one of the girls in the top 10, so I guess I did pretty good.  Actually, I guesstimated I would be 75% accurate and I was close.


The guys that I chose yesterday as my top 6 were:
1. Casey
2. Scotty
3. Stefano
4. Jacob
5. Jovany
6. James


The guys that America chose as the top 5 plus one judges' wild card were:
1. Scotty
2. Jacob
3. Casey
4. Paul
5. James
6. Stefano *wild card




The girls that I chose yesterday as my top 7 (since that's how many were picked) were:
1. Pia
2. Karen
3. Lauren Alaina
4. Naima
5. Thia
6. Ashton
7. Julie



The girls America chose as the top 5 plus 2 judges' wild cards:
1. Lauren Alaina
2. Pia
3. Karen
4. Thia
5. Haley
6. Ashthon *wild card
7. Naima *wild card


So, out of the 13 contestants who are advancing in the competition, I actually had 11 correct. That's amazing, 84.6% correct.  While I am thrilled that I agreed with most of America, I am still sad that Robbie and Julie messed up on their songs this week and Julie did not get a chance to redeem herself for a wild card spot. They had been two of my favorites since the audition rounds. But they are both still young and they should be able to still make it in the business without Idol. 


Well, that's it for this week of Idol.  I can't wait to see what they all sing next week.  











No comments: