Thursday, July 28, 2011

David: Your Words Keep Running through My Head

Look out world, my mind has been in overdrive lately with new ideas for writing projects.  The idea for this letter to David popped into my head right after I heard that he sang Crazy at his concert in Malaysia.  I have used lyrics from all of the songs that David sang on his Asian tour.  There is at least one phrase or partial phrase from each of the songs.  Don't ask me how many I used, I didn't count them.  Actually, I did and there are at least 75. I'm sure I missed a couple as I was skimming through it.  This little fun endeavor is actually a piece of non-fiction. If any of you know me, you know what I'm talking about. 
I hope that you like it.
Margy




Dear Mr. David Archuleta,

I remember, I remember when I lost my mind. At least I think I did. It feels like I did. You see, I don’t know what I was thinking. I should have listened to my conscience but I kept telling myself don’t think about it. I know that life is unpredictable and nothing ever lasts forever. If only I could get through this phase of my life when the night has come and the land is dark, then I won’t be afraid, no, I won’t be afraid. I won’t cry, no I won’t shed a tear, even when I feel like I might stumble and fall. I’m trying to hold on for dear life but I don’t think this is working. I realize that only once in your life you find someone who will turn your world around, that will help you through the good times and the bad. They say give it time and if you just go with the flow, it’s gonna be alright, but I know I can’t do this alone.

That was how I felt in January 2008, but that’s over now. You see, I decided that I couldn’t carry on this way. I realized that life, it’s an endless ride; sometimes it takes you up, sometimes it tears you down inside. What you don’t expect can come and find you. I know better than to let it get the best of me. I could give up or I could move on, and move on is what I chose.

All I know is that, just over three short years ago, I was flipping channels on my television, searching for something to take my mind off of my problems when I was introduced to my kind of perfect. Since then, I’m in Heaven. There’s something ‘bout love that flows from you and all I know is that you take me away from the troubles that arise in this life. I’m not gonna analyze or try to fight it. I don’t even care if it makes no sense at all. You opened up my eyes, you turned my lows to highs, and you keep me coming back for more. It never crossed my mind at all that I’m wasting time following you, even though I’m too good at wasting time. If you tell me that it’s not possible that you have made this huge impact on my life, I won’t be offended. I know that you don’t see yourself that way. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m right, but I can’t let the music stop; your words keep running through my head. You have said to hang on, hang in for the ride of your life and that is what I have done, and it works for me. I didn’t know that I could feel the way that I do now. I just can’t figure it out so maybe you can tell me what you did to me.

In these three short years, I have discovered that nothing brings me down when you’re around and nothing is illogical. I always knew that the day would come when the rest of the world would realize that you are so beautiful in so many ways, and that day is now. I’ll never understand why it took so long for others to see it, but now there’s no turning back from this point. I guess that you were only waiting for this moment to be free so that you could tell the world that “it’s bad business the way you’re stomping the roses.” It’s reassuring to me, a fan, that you’re gonna keep on fighting until you make it to the other side of down. I didn’t understand what you meant by this at first, but now it’s perfectly clear.

I wonder, when you were younger, did it occur to you that this early in your life you would be reaching heights like never before? It certainly crossed my mind when I first saw your smiling face on my television screen and then listened to the voice of an angel melt away my pains. Now, every night, it’s all the same. I hear the lyrics to your songs floating through my mind, telling me live and let live. It’s not as if nothing can touch us, because many things can tear apart the weakest hearts, but now I let others try to hold on to my hands and help me along the way.

I had a dream last night that I wrote you a letter and tried to explain why I’m just a little too not over you, but some things you can’t put on paper. I even tried to explain that I would walk a thousand miles if I could just see you perform tonight. Does that make me crazy? Probably!

So, David, welcome to your life. Now that you have shown the world a whole new side of you, there’s no turning back, so I hope you’re having the time of your life. Your awesomely fantastic tour of Asia has rekindled the fire in your fans and it isn’t too hard to see we’re in Heaven. Even those of us who were not in Asia are excited about things to come. I’m sure that we will find you acting on your best behavior, as always. It’s great to know that now our dreams are coming true and the world is finally seeing you the way that we do - a superstar on the rise.

Well, thanks for listening to my ramblings. All I can say is Maybe I’m Crazy, but I know this Crush ain’t going away, yay, yay, yay, going away yay, yay, yay, yay!!!! OH!!!!

Forever,
PandasMama

2 comments:

Judy said...

That was fantastic, Margy!! Really creative. I love your creativity.

Micki said...

Wow, Margy -- you have been prolific lately! That was really fun to read. Amazing how you got all those lyrics in there -- you must have had fun putting that together. Keep it up! I'm a fan.