Monday, October 24, 2011

David's Heart Voice

A couple of months ago I read an article on the David Archuleta Fansite Snowangelz in which the author, therealnewangel, wrote about David's performance with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last December.  In it she talked about what she felt when David performed all of the amazing Christmas songs with the choir. She named it "Heart Voice."
"I have no idea what you call the various vocal techniques, how you define all those terms, head voice, chest voice… All I know is heart voice. Heart voice was definitely there. I don’t know how to describe what I feel or picture when David sings spiritual songs. Maybe it’s that I see a feeling, if that’s possible. I see peace– can I say that? It sounds stupid and New-Agey, but there it is. I see peace."
I've known all along that David has a special quality about him when he sings certain songs. It's there when he sings spiritual songs for sure, as therealnewangel said, but I had never really thought about other songs that bring out this quality in David until I listened to his newest rendition of Lean On Me, performed over this past weekend at DisneyWorld for the Children's Miracle Network Awards Ceremony. When I first heard this recording this morning, I got chills, and the first words that came into my mind were "Heart Voice." 

Video courtesy of AttractionsMagazine


David's heart was totally laid out for everyone to hear and see when he sang Lean On Me. He meant every word that came out of his mouth. The opening of the song in the lower register, possibly the lowest I have ever heard David sing in, took my breath away. He was soft and strong, subdued and powerful, all at the same time. Then David kicked into overdrive and delivered the song on a platinum platter, not a silver one that can tarnish easily with time, but platinum, one of the rarest and strongest elements on this earth. David, the sometimes thought of as meek and always humble artist, gave these incredible children, who have gone through so much in their short lives, a platinum performance, a "Heart" performance, truly meaning every word.
 
"Lean on me; When you're not strong; And I'll be your friend; I'll help you carry on."

I know that every person present must have been able to feel David's heart during that performance. I could feel it, and I was only viewing a video. David's "Heart Voice" was ringing through the heavens on Saturday, lighting the world as it touched each person. I'm sure that he healed many a soul that night. I know that he healed mine again this morning. Thank you, David. I, for one, needed a renewing of your "Heart Voice" surging through my soul, healing all of the wounds of everyday life.

Now, if only there were a way for every person on this planet to SEE and HEAR David.  Imagine what the world would be like if we all felt this amazing "Heart Voice."




No comments: