Saturday, November 12, 2011

Third Anniversary of David's First Album

Well, this took me a lot longer than I thought it would, but I have finally completed a new acrostic in honor of the 3rd anniversay of David Archuleta's self-titled album. All 18 titles of the tracks released for various versions of this album are included in the second part of this poem.

Oh, just in case you were wondering, this is a true story.  It is my story.
PandasMama (Margy)



David Archuleta entered my life, and consequently the lives of my family, in January of 2008 through
American Idol. Now, I had never really paid attention to this TV show very much before that year, only
Viewing it ocassionally to laugh at crazy auditioners, or to catch the final "good" acts. I really didn't think
Idols were a good thing to have. But the minute I heard David sing "Waiting On the World to Change,"
Devoted fan became my new title. The young man with the Voice of an Angel changed my world that day.

Angels are sent here to help us. This theory Works For Me. While evil tries to put up Barriers and
Rears its ugly head at every possible chance, these earthly helpers lift us above the attackers, those who
Crush people's hopes that Somebody Out There cares. A greater power says "never fear. My  
Hands are here, I'll help if you're Falling or Desperate. I can Save The Day. I want To Be With You."
Until you David, I was Running, just Waiting For Yesterday and all the demons to devour me. I thought,
Let Me Go. I don't want to be here any more. No one will miss me. But through David's humble, earthly
Examples of how to act I have been reminded that God says "You Can survive everything if you 
Touch My Hand  and Don't Let Go of hope. Happiness and love can be yours if you just believe." So,
Acknowledging I'm A Little Too Not Over You, DJA, is my way of saying Thank You for being an angel.

No comments: