Tuesday, May 15, 2012

REMINDERS OF YOU

My latest creation. 2014 is suddenly seeming like a long time from now.

Reminders of You, David


I saw the sun shine bright today,
It reminded me of you;
Because each brilliant, gleaming ray
Made me happy through and through.

I heard a poignant song today,
It reminded me of you;
Its words told us we must display
Loving hearts in all we do.

I read a Bible verse today,
It reminded me of you;
For in it I was told to pray
And that all His words are true.

I smelt a fragrant rose today,
It reminded me of you;
The scent took all my cares away
And transformed my point of view.

I traveled past a field today,
It reminded me of you;
The flowers in their vast array
Bloomed with a beautiful hue.

I saw a butterfly today,
It reminded me of you;
With graceful beauty on display,
Of the world, but unequaled to.

I tasted a new dish today,
It reminded me of you;
For all the foods in this café
Were from lands you’ve traveled to.

I saw a raindrop fall today,
It reminded me of you;
And the tears we fans cried the day
We fondly bid you adieu.





No comments: