Saturday, July 6, 2013

Life Can Be Discouraging, But David Still Inspires

Sorry I've been missing from here for a couple of months. Real life not only got in the way, but actually crashed landed on our family.

I have been spending a lot of time out of town the last couple of months helping my husband's elderly parents as they dealt with my mother in law's cataract surgery and my father in law's lung cancer. Unfortunately, my father in law lost his brave battle last month at the age of 82. Ironically, his death was actually caused by falling out of his bed in the care center and breaking two vertebrae, not the cancer. We are all trying to adjust to the new reality of life without him. My mother in law is a remarkable woman, but life is never going to be normal for her again after losing her partner of 56 years.

We have spent a lot of time reflecting on life, goals, and dreams these last few months. With both of our kids now grown and off persuing their own dreams, my husband and I have been reflecting on what we need to do now. It won't be long until his mother will probably need to come live with us. That will change everything again. We both have put our dreams of our individual "perfect jobs" on hold for too long. My husband is a photographer. A really good photographer. He loves shooting live music and different events here in Austin. He has never been able to do this full time because of family finances. Now, with less responsibility, it might be a good time for him to give his passion a try full time. I, on the other hand, spent many years trying to figure out what I was really passionate about besides my family. I finally discovered where my passion lies when I started this blog. And I started this blog because of David Archuleta.

I'm not really sure how it all came about, but I remember David saying to try things and not stop just because they might be difficult. We need to get out of our comfort zone, and we just might discover we really like something and even be good at it. Well, the something I discovered is writing. Now this probably should have dawned on me much sooner than it did, since I have a degree is English Education, but I never thought anyone would care what I had to say (or write in my case).

It all started off slowly for me. A poem here and there about something David related. A short story using David or his attributes as the trigger for the writing. Then one day an idea jumped into my mind. It was a story idea involving a teenage girl and her unhappy home life. She would dream each night about a better life and meeting a young man who could help change her life. She decides to leave home and start a new life. She meets the perfect young man for her and they fall in love. Along the way they face a lot of obstacles but they don't give up their dreams of a music career.

That story came to me so easily. I didn't have to think very hard to come up with the words. Actually, I had thousands of words just pouring from my fingertips and onto my computer hard drive. It was crazy, and scary. I didn't know what my family and friends would say about this idea of me writing a novel. I was especially nervous as I discovered this novel was turning into a Romance Novel. I'd never even read a Romance novel, much less written one. This was way out of my comfort zone.

Now, after two plus years of writing and editing, I finally have a finished product and as of this past Thursday, I am a published author. Well, I'm a self-published author. My New Adult Paranormal Romance, DREAMS ARE WHAT LIFE IS MADE OF, is now available for download on Amazon as an ebook. Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone. I've leapt out of mine. Now I'm working on a part two of this story. I have named the book series The Dreamers. I think I might have taken David a bit too literally on that comfort zone thing, but it's too late now. Darn you David. You need to quit putting ideas into me head.  LOL


For those that know me by my actual name, yes my pen name is J Grace Moore. The reason for this will become apparent in the second book. Don't want to give away the plot too soon.


Link to purchase Dreams Are What Life Is Made Of on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-What-Dreamers-Series-ebook/dp/B00DR1IC2M/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1_HKG0

Link to Dreams new blog:  http://www.dreamsarewhatlifeismadeof.blogspot.com

Please like The Dreamers series on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dreamers-Series/631699463521025

Thanks, Margy

No comments: