Wednesday, March 26, 2014

HE'S HOME!! WELCOME HOME DAVID!!!

The most wonderful 10 second video I have ever watched. Take a look and see what I'm talking about.



Isn't this the best video ever?

Of course, by now you have already memorized each and every word uttered by the one and only David Archuleta in this quick yet powerful video. But watch it several times and you will not only hear the words, you will also feel each word as they cascade from his lips, especially the second time he says "I'm home." You almost want to cry for him as he says these words.  This video was even more than I expected. Thank you David, um, Elder Archuleta, for thinking of all of your fans at a moment when most would only be thinking about themselves. You truly are a remarkable person.

I am happy to report that David was able to surprise me with the timing of this video. I have to admit, I'm a bit of an investigator. I love to know what is up and usually don't give up on a quest until I have found my suitable answer. As time drew near for David's return, people started to speculate on the actual date David would return home. Since his mission call was for two years, and he started this on March 28, 2012, people assumed he would return on March 28, 2014. That was a fairly logical assumption, but not correct.

While perusing the blogs of David's fellow missionaries serving in Chile, I learned that an adjustment had been made in the timing of missions when two new mission areas were added in Chile. These additions had to be made at the beginning of a month and so some time had to be shaved off of a cycle. Add to this the fact that missionaries go home on Mondays and new missionaries arrive on Tuesdays, I had surmised David would be leaving Chile on Monday, March 24, 2014 in the late evening, when missionaries usually depart from Santiago, Chile and arriving home to Utah in the afternoon on March 25.  This is what the other missionaries leaving David's area were scheduled to do.

But they pulled a fast one on me with Elder Archuleta. To be able to be home and post a video announcing his return by 3:24 CDT on Monday, March 24, 2014, David had to have departed from Chile on Sunday. They tricked us. Good for them. The other missionaries were able to return home to their families without the craziness of David arriving at the same time. I'm sure they all appreciated this a lot. This also allowed David to sneak in without a lot of unwanted fanfare, just family, as it should be.  Good job everyone involved.

No comments: